When my toe wasn't broken I didn't think too much about it. I assume most parts of the body are that way. They do their job and stay in line everything works out great. But when a part of our body get bored and decides it wants some attention it sometimes throws a fit like a two year old who has already had two cookies but wants more. Okay so maybe not that bad. And maybe my toe wasn't the one throwing the fit. I will tell you the story, you decide.
I woke up at 6:45 and was trying to 1. Organize the pantry 2. Make breakfast 3. Make Lunches, when my two oldest contiued arguing, but this time over who was gonna get which cup in his/her lunch. I was sick of it and for the sixteenth time was telling them "Satan is the father of contention, cut it out!" When I pulled a can of cream of mushroom soup down from the top shelf of the pantry. I was too busy telling my kids to cool it to keep it from landing on my foot or toe I should say. The pain was tremendous and I was sure the can had worked as a Ginsu knife and chopped my toe right off. I couldn't look at it. I finally asked the kids to tell me if there was any blood. Nope, no blood. I still couldn't look at it for at least another five minutes. I was sure it was broken, but too cheap to go the doctor, taped that baby up and have only cried twice about it since. Not fun breaking a toe, if you are wondering, take advice from someone that knows, don't try this at home. Protect your feet and love them for doing what they do best, and not throwing any of those attention fits!
1 comment:
I always tell my kids that contention is a friend of Satan, but they do not listen to me.
Post a Comment