Saturday, September 20, 2008

Viva La Mexico






So we are back. It was amazing and beautiful. The kids are all alive with the worst being Janes scraped knee. There is so much to tell that I almost want to break it up into days. Just wanted to give you a couple of pics and then I will go into details later. Shay didn't want to leave, and I was ready to see the kids. So the timing for me was perfect. Theres not alot you can do five months pregnant. We made lots of good memories and got a couple of good sayings out of the trip, like shay overheard a lady saying "I shouldn't have been bi-polar", or the men in the mercado saying "come into my shop, everything almost free", or "today for you, 99% off", this is while there price for one little silver bracelet is 70$. It was a joke and we did laugh alot at there expense. Sorry guys. One thing I love is when you ask them where something is, they say one block, so you walk one block and can't find it, the next guy says "oh one block". When finding the bus stop back to the hotel that happened for about 20 blocks in the 90 degree sun. But the best part is most of the time Shay was saying, "How can you do this being pregnant, I am dying." That made me just want to do better for longer, and maybe that was his plan. Our favorite part of the trip was Xcaret. It was amazing and wonderful. It was Disney Land for nature enthusiasts. We spent the whole day from 9 am to 9pm at this place. It was great! Except when the bat freaked me out in the underground river and I screamed "Bat!!!" and the swimmer guys came to save me. I told Shay I didn't realize I was such a whimp. I have always thought of myself as being tough. But that scared me. So pretty much, we had a wonderful time, made it through without incident and Shay said he can't wait till our next trip in ten years.


2 comments:

Crazy Campbells said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun!! Did you spend much time relaxing on that beautiful beach? I bet the kids missed you and Jane and Elly were probably excited for their gum. We will watch for more pics and fun adventures.

Anonymous said...

I could have told you that you were a wimp...remember a witch flying through the window! LOL
Love Jeff