Monday, October 6, 2008

For the love of General Conference

As much as I love to look forward to General Conference, I am so glad it is over. My brother, his wife their baby (17m), My sister, her two boys, 14 and 5, and my dad came for conference weekend. I am way too pregnant to be hosting family and not so pregnant that I should feel this way. My grumpies took over a couple of times. And I think they could see relief in my eyes when they left. It isn't that I don't love them, I do, but I am hormonal and I really like my house clean. When you have a house this size and that many people it makes it really tough. Then you have conference stresses, where I want to listen but everyone else wants to talk or have lunch or talk about having lunch. I think the truth is I am way too anal and should plan on not listening and just buying the cds later. I would probably be much happier then. But really it wasn't as bad as I make it sound, the kids were overall good and it was nice to send the men off to priesthood and send the kids to bed and watch a girl movie, we also went to yard sales without kids and I got to sleep in my own bed. I also beat them all in Settlers both times we played, they just don't have a chance. So as you see, you just can't win with a pregnant woman, and that is all I can say about that.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I know the feeling! I have a feeling I will be the exact same way on the 16th when all of dh's family comes...

likeschocolate said...

I know what you mean. We made the decision that the next conf we are going to have to go to the chapel. The kids just don't get what a privilage it is to stay home. They talk the whole time and we end up only hearing 10 words of about every talk. Then we end up buying the cds and I read the talks the following month when it comes out in the Ensign.

Crazy Campbells said...

Amen to that! I let the pregnant grumpies get to me too much sometimes. Terrence always tells the kids "just stay out of mommy's bubble." my personal space gets much bigger the more weeks go on.

Mel-o-drama said...

just come to my house late one night and we'll watch it on Tivo in peace, but then we'll probably be too tired to really enjoy it :)