My 10 year high school reunion was a couple of weeks ago. The small town where I went did a four year reunion, graduating classes of 96-99. I had 83 people in my graduating class. So they combined four years so there would actually be people to see. It was good taking the kids to see where I grew up. It hasn't changed much in 11 years. The biggest draw for me was the Okeefenokee Festival was the same weekend, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. But I had been wanting to take the fam down for that sometime so we did. We actually went to the beach the day before and the kids loved it. I wanted to look for sharks teeth (we used to find them all the time growing up) but the tide was up and that made it impossible. On Sat. we went to the parade in folkston for the festival and my favorite part was still the band. The kids got tons of candy and Shay was in awe at the floats (most of which were just people driving their dumpy cars in the parade). He didn't get it and I thought it was super funny, because thats just how they roll in S. Georgia. I should have taken pictures. Then the girls rode the pony and we got some gator on a stick, Elly kept saying "mmm that gator sure is good, lets get some more". Then we went to the swamp. We saw a few gators but not many and ran out of time so we didn't get to take the boat ride to see more. Then we went to the reunion and had dinner, it was good to see a couple of people and I won the award for the most kids, with our 5th on the way. The highlight of the trip would be Shay getting in trouble by the lady we stayed with for using a teflon pan she had because if you scratch it, it will kill you and she called Shay a theif for using it! Very weird. We left shortly after that. But overall I think the kids had a good time and I had enough of S. Georgia to last another 10 years.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun!!!!
Who was this crazy lady?! And that picture of the gator . . . creeeeeeeepy. It's like death lurking in the bushes.
I am so glad I found your blog! I have wondered what happened to you guys! Your kids are so big and so cute! Congrats on baby # 5!
Meghan Durham
Misty, your kids just get cuter and cuter! Ellie's hair is so beautiful and long, I can't believe it. I miss your family a ton. Take care
Post a Comment