Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Pies




We had a rather enjoyable Thanksgiving this year. Being 8 months pregnant, I really didn't want to do much and thankfully we were invited to two different friends houses. The first being the Andersons. These are some of the best people around. I had both of their girls as beehives in Young Women and they are very talented and grounded girls. They also have two boys 8 and 5 I believe. So they have a breakfast tradition, where everyone brings a couple of homemade pies and everyone shares pie for breakfast. I love this tradition, because you are always too full for the pie after a big meal, so why not have it first! There were so many pies, I would say close to 20. Each one of them awesome in their own right. I made a fresh strawberry pie and a chocolate brownie pie with hot fudge drizzled on top. They were great, but so were the other 8 pies I tried. (small servings of course, so everyone could try lots of kinds) I think this is one worth keeping. Then we played games and the kids played outside despite the chilly weather. Most of the kids even played in the creek in their backyard, without us knowing of course. Skyler even dared to cross a log that broke and soaked him to his underarms, or so he says. I just figured he was telling the truth because who would do that on purpose, when it is so stinkin cold out. Shay even attempted their fun swing they had made. You climb up on top of a 10ft latter and jump off to swing. I was a little glad I was pregnant so I was not asked to attempt it, I am a little afraid of heights.
We then went over to our friends the Urbanawizs and enjoyed a wonderful meal and lots of relaxing while the kids destroyed their house. I felt a little guilty, but came back the next day to try and rectify some of the disaster we left behind. But actually felt that I made it worse, with the wicked green that I had convinced them to paint their bathroom just days before their fourth baby arrived. Thankfully they are very forgiving people. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thanks alot guys. You made my day.

2 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

Misty! I hope you don't mind that I found you. I'd been thinking lately about all the wonderful people from BYU and you just kept coming to mind! Your family is adorable.

Dan and I think about you guys often and we hope your doing well.
Dan and Gabby Hull

Misty said...

bdfhjdjdjhf
a46ui359-6l4512315465458452254546484653213136464646464213