Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Londontown

Westminster Abbey

Dragon and clock at the entrance to London city


Big Ben


Loved this



Another Clock


London Eye, River Thames, Big Ben and Parliament



Adam and Double Decker Bus


Me and telephone booth


So much to tell a week in London with Shay and Adam. It was nice, intense, exhausting, adventurous, jet lagged, rain free, beautiful, dirty and lovely. We tried to get used to the time change right away, but the fact that Adam wouldn't let me sleep on the way over and wouldn't go to Shay (he was lovely both there and back by the way, he just wanted me) made it where I had to sleep once we got there. Our hotel was great and let us check in at 9 am. Thanks Hilton Croydon. The people had lovely accents that I enjoyed thoroughly. And every one was super nice and helpful. Although I was a bit worried because the airport wasn't such a friendly place. Everything seems to be about the price it is here except in pounds sterling which is about $1.70 so things are a little pricey. I tried not to think about it and just had fun. We visited all the sites including: Hyde parks speaking corner, where Shay had a discussion with a Socialist, we had an ice cream in the park and sat in expensive seats (you have to pay 3pounds each) but we didn't pay, the guy let us off nicely when we said we would leave right away. Buckingham Palace. We rode the Underground or Tube, where I made Shay carry the stroller down 185 stairs only to have to ride an escalator up to the platform. I loved the train and the constant MIND THE GAP. I thought that was funny till I got Adams stroller wheel caught...Mind the Gap wont you already! We saw St. Paul's Cathedral and Westminster Abbey. Went on a bus tour, river tour and a Jack the Ripper walking tour, which was interesting. Went to lots of museums, Tate modern, British museum, National museum. Went to a game store and bought settlers expansion, traders and barbarians and a carcassone expansion. Went to lots of little stores and bought gifts. Everything is old and small. Had a wonderful dessert in Covent Gardens at an Italian place. Went to China town, Piccadilly Circus, sang Morrissey while riding a double Decker bus, bus driver crashed, but only minor. Wonder if it had anything to do with my singing? Went to Antique Market where everyone oohed and aaahed over my cute mohawked baby. Took lots of pictures of clocks. Got Adams picture drawn in the park. Ate Lunch and people watched at Trafalgar Square. Asked the bobbies where to buy Nappies, bought nappies, bought lots of chocolate bars, ate lots of chocolate bars. Bought Skyler some Cajun Squirrel potato crisps (chips are fries) that the twins actually liked, yuck. Looking back I think I am enjoying it more or as much as being there. I am sure there is more but it is dinner time, Cheers!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

so fun! I'm so jealous, it sounds like a fabulous trip--I'm so glad you got to go!

likeschocolate said...

It looks and sounds like you had a blast. Sorry the baby didn't cooperate. London is fantastic! So much to see and do.

Lillian D'Ann Miskin said...

Fun, fun, fun! A well deserved trip I'm sure. Adam is so adorable...kiss those cheeks for me. Oh, and your family is beautiful in the Easter pictures.