Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Serving is so selfish, I just can't help myself
Since the kids are back in school, I have been finding myself bored, lonely and at times feeling down right sorry for myself. Throughout out marriage whenever I see Shay moping I always tell him "Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something". But for some reason I couldn't pull myself out of it. Sunday came, and the themes for the day were, humility, service and charity. I immediately knew what my problem was. I was not going out and putting my shoulder to the wheel and because of that my shoulder was becoming rather pudgy with the rest of me. I put my mind to work and found opportunities to serve and help people. My week was so nice. I was happy and felt so good. Except for waking Wednesday morning with a breast infection courtesy of breast feeding. I have always loved helping people. I think it is because without the generosity and help from others growing up, my life would have been much more difficult. When I serve I have a sense of self, that I have a purpose and an importance. I know it is what my Savior would have me do and I feel that every time I serve. So yes, for me serving others is totally selfish and I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey you! Speaking of serving... we were wondering if you would possibly find it a fun opportunity to come some night for yw and help the girls paint something simple and cute for their rooms. You know, like that awesome one you did for Malisa, but something more applicable to them? You possibly up for it? They would LOVE to do something with you again!
You may have missed us but we weren't there last week due to illness & we aren't going to be there again this week. We are heading to Alabama for a family gathering. Will be back next weekend. Will have to get together again soon. Take care & thanks for checking on us. :0)
Post a Comment