The appointment I made at the school clinic finally came. Our health insurance changed this year to where the first 6 k is out of pocket, so I opted to go to the school clinic because it is included in tuition. Finally after an hour I saw the doctor, she told me that I needed to get some vaccinations to go to Istanbul. Hep A and Typhoid fever. The latter had to be taken orally over 8 days. My least favorite part is that it is a live virus. My only experience with live viruses was when Shay got live flu mist and then got the flu. I really didn't want to do it, but have opted to. I hope it has different results than Shay's flu mist!
1 comment:
You will be glad you did! While the food is very good over there be careful because it is easy to get food poisoning. You will see why when you see the cows hanging in the windows without refrigeration. I would hope things have gotten a little better, but I even get food poisoning in Germany which has much higher standard than Turkey. So excited for you. You are going to have a blast!
Post a Comment