Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Momma

It would be weird to see one of the ladies that dressed my momma to be buried but two was really weird. And in the same day, super crazy weird. These are ladies that I haven't seen in years. Another strange thing, they both talked to me about it without being promoted by me. They said it was such an amazing experience. That they felt her there and they couldn't help but laugh a little because they knew she would want that. I know she would have wanted that. It has been 12.5 years since she passed away from breast cancer, but it still made me a little sad. I was supposed to dress her, she had asked me to. These ladies did not know that. We had been visiting my dad in South Georgia when we got the call. My dad and Shay did not want to wake me, she had passed just after midnight. If they had I would have made the 5 hour drive in time to dress her. I remember crying on the way back to her house, not because she was gone, but because I had not fulfilled her last wish.
My mom was amazingly strong. I fear ever being in a similar position because I know I will never be as strong as she was.
It was neat to hear the stories from these ladies and to think of the woman my momma was, I will try a little harder to make it back to her.


-Misty

No comments: