Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday

When I was little, my mom would help us write in our journals on Sundays. She would write what we told her and then we would draw a picture. I remember telling her to write that my baby brother liked throwing his dirty diapers at us. That same baby brother took that same journal and ripped it to pieces. I remember being devastated at losing my stories.
I tried to do this a little with our kids but I have never been very good at it. Skylers journal is much fuller than anyone elses.
Although I have not been the best at journaling for my kids, I know it is important to keep a record of our lives. I have some journals of my mothers from when I was little and it gave me a glimpse of who she was and what she hoped for. It is a priceless gift to hear her voice even after she is gone.
We never know when we will be called to our heavenly home, but it would be nice to leave a record for those you leave behind to know who you are and what you stand for.
-Misty

No comments: