Sunday, January 31, 2016

Another Year, Another Move

Here it is, the second year in a row starting off with a move.  Moving is a bit of a nightmare.  You put all your stuff in boxes and can't find what you need for weeks before the move and weeks after the move.  Then you wish you hadn't kept even part of what you did, because moving a bunch of junk feels horrible.  The kids are all sad, overwhelmed, lonely, and grumpy.  That is except the 7 year old who has tons of energy and wants everyone to play with him.  While everyone else has no energy and no patience.  This ends up being not a very nice mix.

At the moment all have been ordered to sleep.  Which is made difficult by the screaming coming from the 7 year old, who feels betrayed by everyone because no one has the energy or patience to deal with him.

I do like some things about moving.  This list is an attempt to remind myself that there are positives.

New places
New friends
Getting rid of some but not enough junk.

We moved here for a few reasons. Maybe writing them down will help me remember and focus on them.

Skyler going to college.  BYU or UVU
Kaely going to a performing arts school. UVU or Pioneer High School
Misty possibly going to law school or business school.
Saving enough money for a down payment on a home.


I am tempted to get a job to speed up the process of getting a home. But one of my reason for waiting is that I really do not want to send the twins to public school in Jr High.  I also feel like the big kids will need a lot of support in college their first year.

I know we are supposed to go through new scenarios and experience new things so that we know how to succor others and so that we can grow and be better.  I have been struggling with feeling willing.  I will try harder to do better and be more positive.  I will.

No comments: