Three years ago I graduated. That is when it all started. The kids wanted me to homeschool them. They were begging. At first I said "no stinking way." Throughout the summer, I started thinking about it more. I had a good friend mentor me and help me to understand curriculum. Finally the day before school was to start I pulled the kids out of public school.
I was super nervous especially because Skyler was a high schooler. I would be teaching him and his classes would not be accredited. He wanted to go to BYU. I researched hours and started a plan to create the perfect BYU applicant. I knew he needed service, leadership and a great ACT score.
Here we are three years later. Skyler was just accepted into BYU for fall. He will skip his senior year of high school and will start college. We are excited and in shocked. We knew he had it in him but didn't want to get too excited...just in case. I know this wasn't all just me. I have been blessed to know what, how, when and where. I have been blessed with the right people and the right timing. We moved to Utah for a job and now Skyler can go to BYU his senior year and still live at home.
It worked!
1 comment:
Misty! How exciting for Skylar! I hadn't been on my blog in a long time and I was happy to see you had posted recently. What wonderful and exciting changes for your family. I wish you the best with all of your goals! We think of your family often.
Post a Comment