Book club in our new neighborhood is tonight. The book is "The Running Dream." It is a YA book and I almost always struggle with those. The immature voice drives me nuts. Maybe it is because I have two teenagers, maybe it is because I loathe whining. Whatever it is, I have a hard time enjoying most modern YA books.
I got the book on Sunday from a neighbor and have read the first 1/4 of it. It is about a girl who loves to run, she is better than she has ever been, then she is in an accident and loses her leg. She is frustrated at the world and bitter. She is definitely whining about it. So I think to myself, "Come on, this is not the end of the world. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. There are lots of amputee runners. You will run again." That is when I realized that I should be saying that to myself. "Come on, what you are going through is not the end of the world. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You will run again."
I am not an amputee. But I have my share of struggles. While in them lately I have been complaining and getting frustrated and grumpy. "Why are things not the way I want them now?" or "I don't see how they will ever be the way I want them."
For the girl in the book who lost her leg, I can see the whole picture, but she can't. She is short sided. For me, I can't see the whole picture, but my Heavenly Father can. He has a plan for me. I know he is trying to show me the plan and tell me, "You will run again." And I sit here and whine because I can't run right this moment!
I am trying to see the plan. I am trying to understand the planning that takes place so that not only I can run but so that I can help my kids run. I am trying to listen and be grateful for his path for my family.
I am trying and I am beginning to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment