Friday, April 25, 2008

More DC pics

We had the most beautiful weather while in DC. We had picnics everyday and walked and enjoyed our time. I had planned really well and bought ponchos and umbrellas and the day it actually rained I had left them in the hotel. I guess that is murphys law for you. I kept telling Shay that it was making memories. I don't think he bought that. Lucky for us Skyler got some free paper to read and we used it as an umbrella to keep most of the rain off us.
This was our picnic in the mall. You can see the Washington monument behind Skyler, in the trees.

This is on of our picnics, the twins acting silly like usual.

We all loved the carousel ride.


We found a wishing fountain. It was in a beautiful garden area. Elly is making her wish. I hope it came true. It looks like she thought pretty hard about it.


We stopped and bought a slushy and shared it, except Skyler had to get an ice cream. Thanks to Grandpa Clark they all had a little spending money. He gave them the change we found at his place to use. They loved being able to pick what they bought without my say so. Even though I couldn't let go 100%.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Great pictures.

Amy said...

Hi Misty! Way to go telling me you have a blog! Just kidding. I loved looking at your pictures. Skyler made me laugh with losing his glasses . . . Grace hasn't lost any yet but breaks them very regularly. Your vacation looks so fun! I love Washington DC.

Elizabeth said...

Um....just wondering. Are we not good enough friends that I can't be added to your friends list???