Spring Break In DC.
We had an awesome spring break. I hadn't planned on doing anything but Shay had a business trip to DC and I had never been there. The room and gas was paid for and it was spring break so we did it. There was an amazing breakfast every morning in the hotel and we would wait until the museums opened and head out. I had all 4 kids and Shay was worried I would lose them in the crowds, so we put lanyards on each side of the stroller and tethered the big kids to it. I would let them out every now and then when I could but Skyler would get distracted and almost left behind. He said don't let me out I know I am gonna get lost. They were all such good sports. By the fourth day of pushing a double stroller over 5 miles a day my back was killing me. I would have lost some weight if I didn't eat so much at breakfast. We took a picnic everyday and would sit and eat when we were hungry. I loved walking everywhere and asked Skyler if he would want to move there so we could walk everywhere and he said no way. I think that is something that really apeals to me. We visited lots of museums but I think riding the Carousel and eating ice cream was my favorite part. I would have more pics but my battery died on the 2nd day.
3 comments:
I Have been ck'ing everyday for you to post DC pics! I agree with you, i think walking everywhere would be fun. I tried to convince Tracy yesterday that I needed a Vespa instead of a car to drive to work and then he tried to convince me he needed a motorcycle! So I gave up. I wasn't trying really hard.
Thanks so much for your help the other night. I would have put that off atleast another two weeks if you wouldn't have encouraged me. I am going to try to pack lots this weekend since we are going out of town next Thurs. - Sun. And then will move that Thurs. when we get back. Tracy's mom and dad are coming up late Wed. night to help move for Thurs. since I will be at work.
So may we can have a girls night the Tuesday when I get back from Folkston?
It looks like you had a great trip. Sooo fun. Wish we could have been there.
How fun. I love DC. You are one brave girl to take four kids out everyday by yourself!! But if anybody in this world can do it, you can. Looks like y'all had a blast!
Post a Comment