Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Day or the First Day of School

Normally I would take a picture of the kids and walk them into their classes on the first day of school, but today they were in a crazy excited mood. I guess the summer has been bad enough that they are completely stoked for school. They woke up Xtra early running around acting like banshees. I finally asked them to feed themselves so I could sleep an extra 10 mins. I got up and asked Skyler to make sandwiches because I had already made lunches but not sandwiches, so he grabs the fork I got out and throws it behind him, "who needs forks" he said. Then he makes the sandwich only to start eating it. "MOM, I absent mindedly started eating my sandwich" and he didn't want to make another one so he has a big bite taken out of his sandwich before lunch even starts. Kaely is running around singing randomness that I tried to ignore and the twins didn't want to get in the car because they wanted to watch Hello Kitty. Then we get them to school plenty early (7:20-school starts @ 7:50) and they jump out without saying good bye the twins are devastated and cry all the way out of the parking lot. I finally apeased them by offers of Lucky Duck games and Hello Kitty. We are home, the twins are occupied and my little 2nd and 4th graders are off to another year. I think its gonna be a good one.

3 comments:

Amy said...

7:50 is early! I have a hard time getting my kids to school by 8:35!

What is your due date, again?

christina clark said...

That is funny about Sklyer eating his sandwich absent-mindedly. Ben does things like that, but he tells me, "Oh, mom I begot, or I didn't know that I was doing that, sorry."

Almira said...

I miss the girls too! Hope they're all doing well...I guess some must be Laurels now. How time flys! Your kids are soooo adorable and growing so fast! By the way, we went an visited some friends in Minneapolis yesterday and Erin (Livy) Kusch said that you and her sister are really good friends. Can't remember what her name is, so I guess that's not very helpful...Shay and her husband went to grad school together?...Anyway, its just funny how small the world is!

As far as those tickets go, it was Spirit Airlines. Sign up for their newsletter and you'll get updates for their sales that they have. They primarily go only to Central and South America, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, etc. They're not luxury planes for sure, thats why you can save so much money on them. But totally a great bargain! Their hub is out of Ft. Lauderdale. Where are you guys planning on going? Good luck on the search!