We went out to dinner with some good friends the other night, which was really fun. But I got stuck taking the three girls to the bathroom 4 times. The fourth time I made them all go because I didn't want to go again. There were three stalls and one was occupied so two went in one and one in the other. A minute later, a teenage girl walks in and says "is anyone in that one?" and I say "yes there is a midget in there." (talking about Elly who is in the stall she pointed to) And before I can say anything else, a midget walks out of the other once occupied stall. Yes you heard me, a midget. When I just referred to my 5 yr old daughter as a midget. How could I have known?
With shock on my face, I quickly look at the ground as I see a glimpse of a dirty look as she walks over to wash her hands. What? What just happened to me.
When we come home Shay and Skyler are on the stairs and I relate the story. Shay is laughing hard, real hard and saying how could that happen and Skyler is laughing and questioning if it really did. Then I tell them the truth, all of it was true until the part where the midget walked out. I thought of that happening when I had said that about Elly being a midget and how terribly awkward it would be.
It was sooo good to see Shay laughing so hard. Just thinking about it, I can't help but laugh. I hope you laughed a little too!
4 comments:
So the story wasn't true! I mean this is funny, but I think it would have even been more funny had it been true.
Hilarious! And I think it's just as funny not true because you totally had me going the whole time. Well played.
Thanks Christy. I was hoping someone could appreciate it. Should have known it would be you!
Misty, That reminded me of our Halloween Story. Have you ever met our son, Bob? He IS a dwarf. Several years ago at our annual Truck or Treat, our local OB//GYN's wife was Snow White and his two boys were 2 of the "7". He had lost them in the dark in the parking lot and called out in a loud voice, "Has anyone seen my little dwarves?". Then he looked down at Bob and his son who just happened to be standing right next to him. The red glow from his face was visible for quite some time. He was very embarrassed, but we got a real chuckle out of it!
BTW I love your site...it's so fun for me to watch your kids grow up...LOVE IT!
Post a Comment