Monday, November 30, 2009

The State Fair and a crapy leg

We went to the state fair because Shay really wanted to see some 4-H pigs for some reason, I guess he was having a Charlottes Web moment, so off we went. Sadly after what seemed like hours in the hot baking sun we learned a valuable lesson about using a phone to ask if the pigs were at the fair before driving 2.5 hrs each way to see for yourself. They were not there, if you were wondering.


We walked FOREVER and found cows!
There of course was cow dung all over the place and some got on the stroller wheels. I kept telling the kids not to get in front of me but Skyler couldn't resist. Needless to say we laughed our heads off and made fun of poo poo leg and I had to bribe him to get this picture. It still makes me laugh.

We let all the kids pick a ride. This should help you understand how cheap I am, each kid picked 1 ride. Also some one noticed (well I think everyone noticed) our big family and gave us a ticket they had left over. So I showed it to the kids and told them to look on the ground for tickets. They found three! I was so excited. Anyway, Jane and Elly both picked the ferris wheel. I talked Skyler into riding my favorite ride from back in the day. It cost 1 more ticket than he had so I told him just ask the guy if you can ride anyway and he said yes. It was brutal. He was really shaken up and thought for sure he would die. Kaely got the raw deal, she took forever to pick and then went through the mirror house, totally lame. She cried, thats how bad it was.
Adam was just a sweet cute baby all day. I am sure when people saw him they knew why we had 5. By the end of the day we were beat, spent and happy. The fair is always fun, even with a cheapskate mom.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

too funny about the pigs--I love looking at the 4-H stuff (maybe from all those years when I did it). good job saving money on the rides!