After my mom passed away, I was given one of her journals. It was the one she wrote in when my brothers and I were born and small. Every time she had one of us, there was a gap of a year or so, with sparse if any entries. I learned a lot from seeing this. I learned that life is busy with a lot of little ones but not as busy as the first year or so after a baby is born. They need so much of you, to feed them, cuddle them, kiss them, nap them and so on. Adam is ten months old and I have been loving him like there is no tomorrow. Every time I see him I love him more. His crooked smile, snotty nose and teeth just half way grown in. He has already taken his first steps. I can't believe I can love something so much. I have paid more attention to the process of falling in love this time. And realizing this I see that the process is continual. I am still falling for and loving each of my children and Shay as well every day. When they triumph, I triumph, when they cry so do I, When they battle I am right with them. And this process of fighting, winning, falling and overcoming, smiles and tears, that is where love is developed. The process is so beautiful and completely encompassing that sometimes we don't see that we are involved.
So if you are wondering where I have been, I have been birthday planning, costume making, trick or treating, caramel popcorn eating, cookie baking and most of all falling in love with, and loving my family and this sweet baby.
1 comment:
That is so sweet Misty! I don't think there is any other way to explain life as a mother. Are Jane and Elly (I know I always spell it wrong) so excited to turn 5? I know Scott is.
Post a Comment