Saturday, May 22, 2010

What makes you feel alive

Summer evenings, when the kids normally would be in bed but we are jumping on the trampoline and it is twilight. That makes me feel alive.

When I get some good one on one time with my kids and I see them, really see them and feel that love I have for them. That makes me feel alive.

When I have a good conversation with a friend, when it gets a little deeper than the surface, when you feel like you have shared a piece of yourself. That also makes me feel alive.

Today we played at the park and played a card game, we went to the farmers market and saw a friends recital. I was looking for the moments when I felt that excitement and happiness that life brings. I caught glimpses, but only because I was looking for them. I love the world my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. It is good. I want to see those things so I can thank him for them, I want to see those things so that I don't let good opportunities pass by. When I have these feelings I wonder how much longer I will live? My mom found her breast cancer when she was 35. It makes Shay really nervous. Hopefully I will live a long time.

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Yes, these simple moments are the onest athat should be cherished and prized. Sounds like your day was perfect. Happy Summer!

likeschocolate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love you Misty!!!

christina clark said...

This is the most emotional blog I ever saw! Let shay make at least one post before this blog floats off to never never land!