The last month or so has been super busy, but when people ask me what I have been doing, my mind is blank. I know I have been doing good things, but what they are, I am not sure. My biggest concern is making sure they are the right things. That I am not wasting these precious years where my children love, like and somewhat listen to me, for fleeting things like TV shows. To make sure I am teaching them and not controlling them. To make sure they understand their purpose on this earth.
My mother died when my brother was young and he seems to have gotten lost. I want my kids to have a strong sense of who they are so that if something happens to me, they will never be lost. Am I praying with them, even when I am tired? Do I tell them the stories of Jesus as well as Book of Mormon stories? Do I teach them to do what is right even when it is hard and do they understand that every decision has a consequence?
I want to be busy, it comes with having five kids, but only on the right things. I want to lead my children by example and show them the only way back home is through the Savior Jesus Christ. I want them to know that repentance feels good, its the sin that hurts. I want them to serve our Heavenly Father with everything they are. I want them to forgive and understand that trials can help us home if we turn towards heaven, not away.
As Mothers Day approaches, I hope we will evaluate what kind of mothers we are. Make the changes that will help us be better tomorrow. One change could make all the difference in our children's lives. If we do this we will be blessed and so will our children. Love you ladies and
Happy Mothers Day!
3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day!
I really needed to read this today. These things weigh on my mind too. Most days I feel like I'm failing miserably. But I have to keep plugging along and doing the best I can. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day. :o)
A wonderful meaningful post. I worry about these things also. It put me in tears reading your post.
Post a Comment