Wednesday, June 30, 2010

my camp ideas

I am really excited for a vacation. I am packed and ready to go, well I am not packed but I have packed all the kids and we still have weeks before we go. Christy I know what you are thinking. I just couldn't help it. Skyler has no underwear now because I packed it all. It makes me laugh a little. (I washed his one pair tonight so he is good for tomorrow.)
I am excited and have been planning like crazy. I knew I was going to have to come up with stuff to entertain myself and the kids.

Idea one, not that creative but still fun.
Treasure hunt. I looked up local folklore for hidden treasure and embelleshed a story about a band of train robbers. I will tell them the story, then we will hunt for dollar store treasure.

Idea two.
Camp songs. collected and printed off so no one has the excuse that they don't know them. Ingenious I know.

Idea three.
Indian folklore. I am going to tell them stories around the campfire after putting on facepaint and making headdresses, for them and me. I also got them all a dream catcher to put above their pillow. I will give them all indian names that go along with animal stamps that grandma has so they can use the stamp as their name.

Idea four.
Has a little to do with idea one, but use a metal detector to find real treasures.

Idea five.
I printed a constellation map and will teach the kids one or two constellations.

Idea six.
Just sort of happened, a cinco de mayo birthday part for me!

Idea seven.
Shay loved this one the most, rent a jet ski for a day or two.

So I think we will have lots of fun and hopefully I don't get bored before the kids do.

4 comments:

christy said...

I'm impressed. You've always been a planner and a doer. I'm usually a planner and a sit-around-until-hours-before and then run out of timer. You'll have a great trip. Call me sometime, stranger! :)

Miranda said...

Sounds like fun ideas to me! I haven't been camping since my girls camp days. My parents usually take my kids camping every summer.

Bonnie said...

Oh man I am going to hire you to come up with fun things for us! those are aweseom!

Jonesy Rae Photography said...

Wow, you are much more energetic than I! You should add geo-cashing to the list. It's a blast for the kids and will keep the parents involved too!