I kind of feel like falling in love. There is nothing like the feeling of meeting someone, liking them, liking them more, slowly learning about them, liking what you learn and realizing at some point that you may just love that person, then realizing for sure that you do. I have been feeling like falling in love with my man all over again.
I think we get comfortable with our companion and forget how much we love them, how we could not live without them, how they make our world better. This year is #12 for Shay and I. He is my dream man plus some. I do get mad at him sometimes and sometimes I give him reason to get mad at me, but he is amazing.
To fall in love again, I like to reminisce and remember how it all went down to begin with...
I first saw Shay at church. He was cute, but BYU was full of cute guys. To me there had to be more. He had on a pink and green tie. I walked by him after sacrament and said "nice tie", in my strong southern accent it sounded more like "niiice tyyye". And walked on, he was chatting with some other girls.
After church we were walking back and it started pouring, a few guys were running by our apartment, they were getting drenched so we told them to come in for a bit. It was Shay and a couple of his buddies. We invited them for a game called true colors. It is a question game and every one answers the question with the color of the person they think would most likely go with the question. Well one of the questions was, If you were on a deserted island what one other person would you want with you? Well to be honest it was between Shay and one of his buddies, they were both cute, I didn't know any of them, but I put Shay. He of course peeked to see who I put and was super excited to see his color, as I was told later. Shay also put my color in, as might I add did everyone else except one girl. When I asked my friend Holli why she put my color in, she said because I have skills and I would build her a shelter and get her food. That made me laugh.
Shay had mentioned that they were going to the Sunday night devotional in the commons later that night, so I decided to go. I was leaning towards Shay by then, because I had picked him for the island. I usually never went to that, but it was Shays birthday and they were spotlighting him and his buddy Dan. The guy I was dating at the time was upset because I wanted to go, he said you never go to those, I call him pretzel Mike now, he really liked pretzels.
We actually broke up on Wednesday. He said I had nothing else to do but follow him around. I think he had emotional issues stemming from childhood, but whatever.
Thursday, I was out in the commons when Shay showed up. I have to admit I was looking pretty cute because I was hoping Mike would see what he gave up. Shay had dropped by to see a friend. Just FYI Shay was not in our ward, he had just visited it. I deduced that he was checking out the girls in his new ward because he was moving into our ward in two months. Which meant he had exhausted his choices in his old ward. Later that was confirmed but not willingly. Shay was also sort of seeing someone in our ward, Sharon. I did not know this at the time and he denies it but the way she treated me later confirms my suspicions. Anyway, I had a Frisbee and he played with me for a bit before leaving.
Later that day a guy named Jared saw me and said "hey Misty, Shay called to get your number, maybe you should call him, I think he needed to borrow something." I was totally naive and thought he was serious about borrowing something, so I said "Okay, whats his number?"
I called him and this is what I got, "hey Shay, this is Misty, Jared said you needed something?" Shay "Uh, Uh," awkward silence " well, uh, I just wanted to see if you wanted to do something sometime?"
Me " Sure, what about tonight?"
Shay " Oh, Okay, great."
Shay picked me up, wearing his super tight white Levis shorts and blue shirt. I thought he was super cute, if I saw him now I might laugh, but then I thought he was dreamy. I actually might still think he was dreamy, but I like him so much more now.
The first official date on a later date!
4 comments:
I love it, especially the super tight white Levi shorts. Awesome. I can't wait for more.
Too many many years to come! Congrats!
Those were fun days! I remember when I first saw you two together and I knew you'd get married. Sadly, I don't remember Shay in the tight white levis--or maybe I do and I've blocked it from my memory......
This is sick!
Post a Comment