Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer - a love hate relationship

Some things I LOVE about summer
The kids being home and getting to play with them
Staying up late and sleeping in
Vacation
BBQs with friends
Playing in the sprinkler
Gardens
Good books
Some things I HATE about summer
The kids being home and fighting
The schedule being off
SUPER dirty house even if I have cleaned it
Being too hot to be outside unless you are wet-it is hot in HOTLANTA
Cranky kids that stayed up too late
Really I have always loved summer who doesn't those lazy days where nothing HAS to be done. I do have things I don't love, like the days where nothing gets done, I guess they say the good comes with the bad. So I hope you all enjoy your summer.
I am also looking for fun things to do with the kids while camping any advice?

2 comments:

Crazy Campbells said...

Well I am not sure you would call it fun but my family always went on a hike to enjoy the scenery. It also wore us out so at the end of the day we would just crash. Other then that I just loved being outdoors all day. We would play frisby or soccer or whatever sport you can think of. Good luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

I love summer too but the summer heat doesn't love me. It reached 114 the other day. Thank goodness for our freezing cold creek that we go to. Gotta love that. Still lovin' life with my niece & nephews. They keep aunt Mayden on her toes. Miss you guys. Hugs the kiddos for me. XOXOXOX. Happy Summer Time. :0)