Sunday, February 24, 2008

Skylers new glasses or four


Skyler got new glasses this year. We started third grade with glasses and eye exam (95$). Two weeks later Skyler goes to the corn maze with cub scouts, loses his glasses. I wait 2 weeks hoping they will find them, they knew my name by the end of those two weeks, I had called so often. Bought new glasses, but the sale was over that we had gotten before (78$). Shay made him wear one of those glasses thingys that go around your neck so he wouldn't lose them again. Super nerdy. Skyler broke both arms off wrestling with his dad with his glasses around his neck. Great because it is free to get them fixed because we paid for breakage insurance. Shay said, "boy those are like gold you better not lose them or I am pawning your game cube to buy you new ones". Next day, gone. I had taken the nerdy glasses thingy off because I didn't like the way it looked and hey he broke them with that thing on anyway. So I waited two weeks to see if they showed up, no luck. So I took him to a new place (2 pair 85$). He had one pair come in a week before the other, before we had even picked up the second pair, you guessed it, the first, or third however you look at it, gone. So I went to the school, looked everywhere, the same lady helping us from lost pair 2, found pair 2, but not pair 3. I was just happy as a jaybird that we had found some. The next week Skyler found pair 3 on the bus. So now we have 3 pairs, the corn maze glasses never recovered. But we have made it through 1 whole month with out losing another pair, or maybe I haven't paid attention. Either way I am happy.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Misty , Just so you know I had 4 pairs of glasses in the 4th grade.
Love Ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!