Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Twins


Last night I stayed with a Sister in our ward who has two older kids and just had new twins. They are two months old, so tiny and cute. They were two months premie just like Jane and Elly. I remember, but barely, the sleep deprevation and overall exhaustion of newborn twins and could tell she was living it. So I volunteered myself to stay the night and let her get some sleep. Shay is so great to let me do that, he is WONDERFUL. So I finally got them both asleep at 12:30, then an alarm went off at 1. One of the babies woke up at 3:30 and the other at 6. They went right back to sleep after I fed and changed them and so did I. This of course is a picture of our twins at about the same age. It was great to hold those little baby girls and at the same time know that mine are potty trained. It was so nice to rock babies that don't talk back and tell you NO, I dont want to go to bed. Even though they sort of did that just without words. (they stayed up until past midnight) I have told her that it gets harder, but I think it is always hard it just keeps changing what type of difficulties. Because no sleep, thats hard. Cleaning up tons of poop and pee when potty training, thats hard. Throwing fits at every meal because you didn't cook what they love, thats hard. But at the same time, holding a baby is so rewarding. And when they actually poop or pee in the potty, it is so rewarding. When they hug you and smile, tell you they love you, that is super rewarding. So although the road is REALLY tough, it is the best thing ever. I love being a mom, it is better than any comedy(I am always laughing) drama (three girls, tons of drama) Sci-fi (some very interesting things are found under the couch) or any other movie or TV show around. I guess you could say my life is better than the movies!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I think this all the time too...you give up so much to be a parent, but the rewards are priceless!