Sunday, July 20, 2008

Its My Birthday, and I'll Cry if I Want to

So it is my birthday, I guess the main thing I would cry about would be the loss in enthusiasim. Growing up I could not believe adults weren't as excited about there birthdays as kids were. Up until this year I have been just as excited about my birthday as I ever have been. I guess alot of adults are sad about there age, that life has gone by and they haven't done what they wanted to accomplish by then. But for me it is more lack of funds, lack of energy. July is tough on our wallets, we have Skylers, Mine, and Shays bday, as well as having to register both of our cars. So usually we opt to give to Skyler and register our cars, rather than buy us special gifts. I guess usually we have extra to do both, but I have been so sick with being pregnant we have spent more than we should on eating out. So that has cost us, with a family of six, big bucks. Just so you know, I am not sad about being twenty-nine. I think it is great. I think 4.5 kids and a ten year marriage by 29 is a huge accomplishment. I guess rather than being sad, I can rejoice at being alive, getting to make decisions that aren't always pretty or fun, but the grown up thing to do. I guess I should be gratful for all the good things I already have and know that I am at least going to get lots of homemade cards that say I am the best mommy around and happy birthday. So good bye tears, hello happiness!

5 comments:

Tasha Guinn said...

Happy B-day! Sorry they aren't so enthusiastic anymore. Mine never seem to be either since our anniversary always overshadows it and the fact that Trac is never off and we are always broke. So I would say a 10 year marriage and 4 fabulous kids are reason to happy! I offer my services to you when I return. I know you would like that better than a gift anyway!! Love you and happy birthday!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday! I thought your b-day was Tuesday! I'm sorry you were sick on your birthday--that really stinks. You are amazing--I look at you all the time and wish I had 1/10 of your talent and creativity!

Amy said...

Happy birthday! I hope you start feeling better soon. We started eating out a lot when I was so sick with Samuel, and I still can't get back in the cooking mode . . . it's spaghetti and cereal all the time now.

Misty said...

Well, Shay seems to have something up his sleeve tonight. (My real bday is today) So maybe it won't be as bad as I anticipated.

The Clanton Gang said...

Girl, I would definitely say that 4.5 kids in ten years is a HUGE accomplishment (albeit a little on the crayz side? lol). But seriously, enjoy this last year in yoru twenties! I swear the moment I turned 30 my body decided it was going to rebel against me. I can smell a fattening food and I will absorb all of the fat & calories and none of wahtever nutritional value it had. Sad. :)