Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fourth of July Fiasco

Okay so we went to see my little brother Joseph in Biloxi, MS for the fourth. My family, my sister and her 2 boys, my dad and my little bro Franklin. We drove the 6.5 hours on Thursday and arrived at the most ghetto of rundown motels (Joseph had gotten the place for us), it smelt like a mixture of mildew/mold and cigarettes, we tried to get another room but most smelt the same and the were farther away. They never cleaned before we were there or while we were there (we were there for 3 nights), my dad found someones reading glasses in his sheets, confirming our suspision that the sheets had never been changed from the last people, Skylers sheet had toothpaste on it, and the girls had something resembling milk on thier covers, don't ask. And those were the highlights. I of course, having morning sickness, threw up every night but one. We were going to go the the buffet at the casino, after waiting in line for over an hour I started to get a migrane, and was really sick from not eating, we found out that instead of 10$ for adults like my brother had told us, it was 25 for adults and 11$ for kids. I told Shay I didn't want to pay that much just to have to leave because of my migrane and nausea, so we left. Skyler was so mad...."Couldn't you have factored in the price before we waited in line for an hour". While I thought his comment was witty, I wasn't in a laughing mood. While leaving the casino and all 5 kids with us were screaming because they wanted the buffet, we saw an ice cream shop. With 2 people in line I said lets just get them ice cream for dinner, an hour later (only one lady was working in mega slow motion) we got their ice creams, only as soon as shay paid the twins started screaming at the top of their lungs that they hated there ice creams and wanted different ones. NO WAY! I grabbed them and carried them off, after finally getting in the car, I had to throw up, so Shay pulled over and let me puke my stomach acids. Any way, I guess memories were made, good and bad, its just for me they were mostly bad. The only good part, was Shay was so good at taking care of me and making sure I was okay. We are now home and don't expect to be going anywhere soon. Hurray for the fourth!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh Misty--that is so awful! It must have been in the air this year to have a bad fourth of July--ours wasn't great and Shanna's was almost as bad as yours (almost--I think you win that contest).

Audra said...

Crazy.

You will probably remember that
4th for a long time! But you probably just want to forget it! Anyway, glad you are back home.

adgasdg said...

Our 4th wasn't great either, but I have nothing to complain about after reading about yours. Can't wait to photograph your kids next week!

Sarah said...

Misty-my favorite VT companion I ever had!

So, I feel bad that I never acknowledge your comment months ago on my blog, so here I am on yours!

First of all-I'm really sorry about your 4th. Sounds awful.

Congratulations on being pregnant...will you feel better at some point, or is going to be 9 really long months?

I think all your children are adorable. I can't believe how old Skyler is. Makes me feel like it's been such a long time since we were both back in Provo.

Guess who moved into our ward here? Lydia and Jeff Zollinger. Do you remember them? Small world, eh?

Well, I really hope you start feeling better soon, Misty. Thank goodness for Shay.

Tasha Guinn said...

Glad you had such a fabulous time!! I am glad you are back and I will call you soon for all of the details! Yikes!

Amy said...

You poor thing! You deserve a medal! And no more nausea.

Did you guys decide whether to find out what you're having?