Wow, we can hardly believe our little boy is turning nine. It seems like he just started kindergarten and he is already a fourth grader. We love having Skyler in our home. He is super silly and sometimes that makes me crazy, but most of the time it is great. He loves to read, but won't read it if he thinks I picked it out the book for him, so I have to convince him that he wanted the book and after he reads it and loves it, then I tell him I picked it out. I think he is slowly starting to trust the books I pick. He is a great big brother and will help his sisters with breakfast and other things. He is really hoping the baby is a boy so that he doesn't have to grow up the only boy with 4 sisters. He is in Talented And Gifted program at school and says its his favorite class. (Which is funny to me, considering he wanted to quit because of all the extra work) His favorite book is Eldest (second book in Eragon series) He reads at a seventh /eighth grade level and has great reading comprehension. Last year in his class he had well over a hundred or two AR points while his friends had 3 or 4. He let them pick whatever they wanted from the AR store. He also bought Kaely two really big toys from there with the rest of his points. He is very caring and hates to see bugs or anything for that matter hurt. He has Shays queasiness when it comes to blood. When I tell him he is a wonderful son, he always replies "and your a wonderful momma." We love Skyler...Happy Birthday Son!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Skylar from Switzerland. Hope your birthday rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Skyler! Hope you had a fun day!
Misty,
Thanks for the advise. Today I found only one baby covered in poop. The other had taken off her diaper and dumped the poop in the toilet by herself. I'm trying to look at that as a step forward.
Happy Birthday Skyler! I can't believe he loves to read. If I can find a great book I can get Braden to grudgingly read. What are some of Skyler's favorite series that don't fall above a sixth grade level?
Post a Comment