Christy told me I must blog about my mad skills to find cheap things and ask for them even cheaper. Well today was a day of deals. To start the day off I finally found a cute pacifier strap for Adam and cute paci's as well, which totally put me in a good mood because I really wanted them. Even though they weren't on sale. Then I found a great watch for Shay for 75% off. He had surgery today and I wanted him to know I was thinking of him and what a better way than spending 12$ and asking him what he thought I spent. "It looks like it should have cost 80$ but I bet you figured out some way to get it for 12 or 13." I laughed knowing he was right and it felt good! I of course left him in the dark knowing he would take better care of an 80$ watch than a 12$ watch.
But lets move on...I had actually gone to Target to get a vacuum and ran out of time, too many choices too little time. Which benefited me later. The one I really wanted at Target was 250$ and I would NEVER buy a vacuum for that much. It would kill me. Seriously, I would die and then return it and all that wasted life and time. Any way, So we went to Home Depot after the kids got home from school. The same vacuum was 127$ Yeah, but wait, one of the attachments are missing. So the crazy lady from Home Depot who actually had driven me crazy just days ago while looking for a gas range for our kitchen, gave me 37$ off the already reduced price. So I get the 250$ vacuum for 95$. Yes! Crazy lady you can make me crazy any day for a discount. I think she felt sorry for us because our kids looked totally hammered and there were alot of them.
But that is not all, I wanted to get wood to make a garden box for our backyard, and what do I find in the discount bin... Yes you guessed it exactly what I was looking for. Four big pieces of wood marked down to a dollar each. I was excited, but even more so when the guy went to ring them up and they were 27$ each. I of course only paid a dollar each, beautiful day.
Yes today was a wonderful day of deals, and my vacuum works super duper good! Could you ask for more?
One last thing, we were actually going to go to wal-mart to get a vacuum but I had a feeling we should go to Home Depot. This happens to me all the time and when it does I usually find what I am looking for and for a great price. What can I say, I am just good I guess. Or really blessed.
3 comments:
Why don't things like that ever happen to me?
The best way to get a deal is to have all your dirty ragamuffin kids with you so people feel bad for you, right? :) Way to go!
oh man misty, you are my hero. that is why we should live by each other so that your good deal karma rubs off on me. i love good deals, it makes you love the thing even more.
Post a Comment