So Shay and I decided to try to rid ourselves of the evils of credit card debt once and for all. To speed the process we managed a fireworks tent over the fourth of July. We had been told it was hard but we were not prepared for the ninety degree weather, hour commute each way, late nights, early mornings, Shay sleeping on a flat air mattress at the tent site, utter and complete exhaustion, achy and I mean achy legs and back from standing 10-16 hours a day, the list could go on and on. The kids were there all day Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. By the last day they were beat. Let the pictures tell the story. We also were given 3 counterfeit 20 dollar bills.
Really, now that it is over we made some good money and I am pretty sure I lost some weight. Nothing wrong with that.
Finally got the tables set up at about 6.
Left at about Eleven.

The finished setup. Shay and Skyler worked until 2 am.
I forgot to bring something to lay Adam in. We just layed him in a box under the cash register so no one would steal him. Every time I saw him I would sing "Baby in a box". Nathan said that it sounded like a real song. Maybe I have potential after all.
My brother and nephew helped a ton. It also made it lots of fun. Punch buggy yellow Nathan! Store Core Frankie.


Kaelys display, the wind blew it over three times and she kept rebuilding it, a little stronger each time.
I finally remembered the bouncer, no more baby in a box.
Elly loves taking pictures.
Jane fell asleep coloring. I told them they could have a sucker if they colored the whole page. I guess it wore her out! This is how Shay and I felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment