Sometimes we just have to write the random thoughts we have. So tonight I write of thirty years of memories. My last words as a twenty something so that one day I may look back on this time and think that girl was so naive. I do think that I have made progress, but at times I still act 9. I think it may drive Shay crazy, well I know it does, but I tell him that's what he gets for robbing the cradle.
I think I have lived a good life, I have been severely happy, like the time Shay kissed me for the first time, or when I beat my brother wrestling. (I think he probably let me win) Or when I held my perfect babies for the first time and smelled their sweet hot breath.
I have also tasted sorrow, like when I have sinned or when I lost my Momma. I have forced myself to be tough when I was scared or lonely. But I have also allowed myself to cry for fear when my brother yelled while I was stranded on the toilet as a six year old, that a witch was coming through the window.
I have so many things to laugh about with so many wonderful friends I have made. Like the time Holli and I shaved our heads at school. Or when we would tell ghost stories all night and be scared out of our minds.
I have had to overcome, rise above and sometimes fall to get where I am. I have been blessed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so that when I fall He catches me and helps me back up.
I remember as a kid my momma saying for years she was turning 29, I would say "didn't you turn 29 last year?" She would always say "if I turned 29 last year how could I be 29 this year?" It took me a long time to realize she just didn't want to be 30. I couldn't understand why and promised myself that I would embrace thirty, I would tell myself thirty is the new twenty. Now here I am, about to be thirty and I ask myself if I will embrace it? Will I be true to that little girl that some how became me? I say why not. I realize that there is something about the body of a twenty something that has nothing to do with mine. So that lets me know it is time to move on, bigger and better, and I am not necessarily referring to my body on that one. I know that we don't know how long we have on this earth but if the next thirty years are as good as the last, I can't wait!
4 comments:
Misty, Please ask Shay who Chris Penhallegon is??? Holly gave me your blog to look at & you have done a beautiful job expressing yourself and sharing your beautiful family with me! I have wondered for years how Shay is as I knew him as a young boy growing into a young man & now to see him as a grown family man with five children & a wonderful wife just puts me into a state of awe!! You have a beautiful eternal family! Tell Shay we are thinking of him and have him view my blog and on my blog click on my children's blogs so Shay can see ALL the Penhallegons....my blog is...penhallegon5.blogspot.com
PS I guess clicking on Makey & Poppa takes you to our blog too! AND if you are on facebook you can go to mine... Christine Penhallegon Makey and Poppa are our nicknames are 16 grandchildren call us! If you don't mind I would love to post your blog to my favorite list!
Great post. Sounds like you are really ready to be thirty. Congratulations for embracing it. You should. You've done a lot in your thirty years. You should be happy. :)
Misty, I just love your guts!!!
Post a Comment