I often have a dream where multiple of my teeth are loose. They will fall out, and I will try over and over to put them back in, only to have them fall out again. It is super distressing and frustrating and I wake up and do two things: 1. I feel like they are still missing. 2. I check on them over and over again to get rid of the feeling that they are falling out and/or gone.
I wanted to figure out why I have these crazy dreams. I think we all know what Freud thought and I completely and utterly disagree with that. I finally did a search and out of all the crazy ideas, I think this one fits the best.
Loss of Control, Powerlessness
I love to be in control, I love my house, car, yard, children to be neat and orderly. But this rarely occurs. Like super rarely, actually maybe never. But that is what I like and when I feel like I am not able to keep up with the house, kids, calling, and all the other stresses, I think I have these teeth dreams. Really I know that is it. And I hate it, just because I hate to lose my teeth. It feels horrible.
Tell me about your worst reoccurring dream and your interpretation of it. Maybe I won't feel like such a weirdo.
7 comments:
I HAVE THIS SAME DREAM!! AND I HATE IT! I walk around, catching my teeth as they fall out my mouth, trying to get into the dentist's office to have them re-implanted . . . it's horrible.
A lady in my ward told me it means I have unresolved issues with my mother or mother-in-law, which is totally not it. Not in control sounds like a good diagnosis . . . I feel like I lost all control about 10 years ago!
One that I used to have a lot was showing up for graduation or a final or an exam and finding out that I'd forgotten to drop a class, or that I hadn't gone to class all semester, or something like that. I hated that one, too. I think it meant that I felt unprepared about something in my life.
Isn't it odd that so many people have dreams with the same weird things happening?
I have lots of weird dreams but lately I have been having one that has got me thinking. A while ago now, I had to break ties with a childhood friend. She choose a different life style than ours and refuses to see it any other way. I had to let her & her habits go from my life. Has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I have always been there to pick her up, just to watch her fall again. She got married to an awful man who doesn't treat her well & recently I heard that she had a baby. As happy as I am that she has a family, I was also saddened to know that all those habits are still there. :0(
For the last two weeks, every night, I have had a variety of dreams. All different, but each one had her in it in some way. I haven't spoken to her in a really long time but I do think about her from time to time. Funny thing is, in all my dreams, it is the present but she isn't married, or doing any of the things she is now. She isn't even a mom. Just my old friend.
Why to you think that is? I would never want to erase her blessings of being a mom but in every dream, that part of her doesn't exist. Anyway....there's my LATEST crazy dreams. I have no way of contacting her but I wonder why all the sudden she is camping out in my head. :0)
Megan, I think she is the way you remember her best in your dreams. She is still important to you and maybe you need to keep her in your prayers, she may be back in your life sometime soon.
Ask me sometime and I will tell you!
I have two that keep coming in and out of my dreams. But they are always the same when they do. The first is I'm lost in this city, with rivers for roads and I'm in a little paddle boat trying to get around. But the stores and everything are partially under water too. And I'm lost. It's dark and I can't get out. EVER. HATED that one, and luckily haven't had it for years. Could it be as easy as something in my life that I was lost in.. in a not good way? Seems too obvious to me.
The other one still happens all the time. Always wandering around the high school, trying to go to classes, but because I ditched so many times I can't remember even what classes I have, or where my locker is, let alone the combination. So the whole dream I'm trying to play it all off (I am in high school after all, so you should never show embarrassment, right?) as if nothing is going on, yet inside trying to get the courage to figure it out. SO STRESSFUL! Agh. I always wake up tired and stressed. And feeling like I'm not doing something I should.
I totally have the teeth falling out dream, I figured it was just because I didn't floss enough that week. Guess thats too literal right?
My most annoying night habit is my brain repeats a song all night long, last night I was with the youth so it was a lady gaga song, over and over the WHOLE NIGHT!! I wake up totally unrefreshed
I feel the same way, I want to have a house, family, and things in order and that I'm on top of things. With this new baby coming soon I get anxiety because I know things will get out of control and I'll just have to roll with it. Everything isn't completely in control now, but I can get on top of things and take control, but recovering from a baby, there is a period of no control and having to let the laundry and house go. I'm stressed out.
Post a Comment