Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New year same old habits

I really want to make some positive changes but I am in a FUNK. I realize that this funk began when I got pregnant with the twins. So I have been in a funk for six years. I guess it is hard to break when you have been in it sooooo long. I WANT OUT! Help me. I want to be that fun, crafty, time spending, cool momma I was before. I want to read my scriptures everyday like I used to. I want to stop telling my kids to clean 24/7.

Just so you know I am not exaggerating, the other day Shay asked the kids if they made a doll to represent each of us, where you pull the string, what would they say? Mine would say, its time to clean, clean up your messes. Just so you know.

So I need inspiration, ideas that work, and some love to help me out of this FUNK....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

6 comments:

jbaggs said...

in our ward here, they handed out a reading schedule for the BOM. It breaks it up into 365 small (and some of the readings are very short) pieces so you are reading each day and finish it by the end of the year. I can't tell you how much I love this! Its so simple, but it has really gotten me motivated to read the BOM again. Each day you get to check off the reading for the day, so you can visually see your progress. Some days I have time to read more, others I only have time to read a few verses, so with this schedule, if I at least read the recommended reading for the day then I have done my part, and I will still finish by the end of the year. If you want a copy, give me a call.

Misty said...

Sweet, thanks jesa. That is just what I need!

Elizabeth said...

I would love a copy of this too! It would really help me! I think i'm in the same funk as you are Misty!

likeschocolate said...

I can't help you with the BOM problem because I am equally bad at this, but I do know about the crafty and clean part. One idea to get your children on board though it might be hard is to let stuff go for a couple of days and then have a family home evening and ask the kids how they feel in the house that is dirty where everything is out of place. Might work might not depending on your children, but I know mine appreciate the clean house. Explain to them that having a dirty house makes everyone cranky, sick, etc. Otherwise you do like me and that is I have all chores done by 9 am. Crafts take a little planning, but if you have stuff on stock then it gets easier. The supplies can be kept in one of those roll away plastic tubes with drawers. I often find good ideas on blogs or there is a really good blog called the crafty crow. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are... babysitter! Seriously! Every time I start feeling like this, I realize I need some alone time, that is what charges my batteries! Even if hubby will take the kids somewhere for a Sat. morning, and I can just relax and get a few things done, even just playing on the computer for a while will leave me feeling refreshed and ready for more. Find what will make you feel re-energized, and make yourself do it.

Amy said...

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to tell you that I'm right there with you! Give yourself credit for how much work it is to organize a family of seven, especially with sports and music and church and school and homework . . . it was easier when there were only a couple of little ones.

I thought life would get so much easier when some of my kids are in school, but it's just busy at different times of the day. On the occasional morning when Sam and Max and I can just hang out at home instead of running to Sam's Club and the grocery store and the post office and a school performance and doctor appointments and ortho appointments . . . it feels like heaven.