We left in Shays blue Toyota Tercel, I am not sure how he decided to take me to Arbys, but that is where we went. I guess he really wanted to show off for the first date. I wasn't too hungry, so I got a chocolate shake and he got a sandwich. I can't remember much of the conversation, I am sure he only understood half of what I was saying, since I literally had to spell several words because of my strong southern accent.
We then went to the park next to the temple, he of course made a fool of himself by doing two things. Number one, he called me my roommates name, which is also his mothers name. I did correct him, sorry that's my roommates name, did you take the wrong person out? But then I told him not to worry about it, we all do stupid things.
Number two, he tried to do the monkey bars and hurt himself pretty good. He kicked his shin into a bar. I had to tell him the stupid things line again, but he was cute, so I didn't mind too much.
After a while we went back to my apartment to listen to some music. I showed him all the stuff I loved, The Cure, The Smiths, Rancid, and multiple others. I now realize he must have really liked me, because he has since voiced his dislike for all these bands. But at the time, he seemed overly enthusiastic about each one.
He stayed until I gave him a kiss. A kiss on the first date, never you say! How could you! Well, just so you know, it was the best kiss I have ever had. It had all the qualities of the perfect kiss. It was magic. I know that sounds silly, but just thinking about it makes me smile. It was perfect in every way.
After the kiss, he left and I had sweet dreams of this new, cute, slightly flawed, wonderful guy from Washington who seemed to really like me. It was nice and I couldn't wait for more of him.
1 comment:
aww that is so cute!kirk took me to taco bell after he proposed, but since we had to drive all the way to idaho falls from rexburg it was a big deal!!
Post a Comment