I didn't know Shays last name until we dated for 3-4 weeks. That wouldn't be so bad if we dated longer but we were engaged at 6 weeks of dating/knowing each other. When I found out what it was, I was super happy. Not such a bad name to marry into. I really liked my maiden name so it had to be a good one for me not to be sad. I have never looked back.
Shay told me he loved me pretty quick. I wasn't used to that. The guy always takes forever, and I was caught off guard. I told him thank you and it broke his heart. I think, actually I know because he told me later, he wanted to walk away after that, but he couldn't. I also told him I loved him too. I really wanted to say it when I was ready, but he needed to know I had those feelings as well.
Speaking of walking away, he actually tried multiple times. Like when he found out how old I was. I had JUST turned 19 weeks before he asked. He told me I was too young. He needed to think. He walked away again, when he found out I had a missionary. I actually slept with his shirt every night. That just about made him lose it. But every time he left he came back within 20 minutes. He said he couldn't convince himself to stay away. I sure am glad he came back.
I had an idea I would marry him after our second date. The spirit said your gonna marry him. I said no way, I have stuff I want to do. But over the next couple of weeks we saw each other every day. And I just felt like I didn't want to do any of that stuff without him.
He actually took me on a date to a deserted island with a picnic lunch. It was very thoughful since we had both put each others name down for being stuck on a deserted island, I still wouldn't want to be stuck with anyone else.
It is amazing that you think you love someone when you marry them. I sure thought I did. And I guess I did, as well as I knew how to love. I was so young. But when I think what Shay and I have gone through, having these amazing kids, kidney stones, losses and gains, I think I couldn't possibly have known love then, knowing how much I love him now. I am sure when I am 80, I will feel the same about my 30 yr old self that I now do about my 19 yr old self. I guess that is progression and you only know what you think you know. I think I know I sure am glad I picked Shay, he is amazing and talented, not to mention I still think he is dreamy!
3 comments:
I have enjoyed reading these posts. You guys are awesome!
I have also enjoyed these post. Frank knew right away. It took me a couple of months to come aboard his plan to marry me. I wanted to date other people because I had been in a relationship prior to him for three years that broke my heart, but when I saw how much he loved me I also couldn't stay away. I had to give him a chance. We met Augsut 1st and He proposed to me on Dec 26th.
I've enjoyed reading these too. :o) I was thinking about mine and my hubby's dating years and the early years of our marriage and I don't remember very many details. I probably should try to write things down a little at a time. I know it will be something my kids will cherish down the road at some point.
Post a Comment