Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Need Your Help!

I have been back in school for almost 2 years now. With 5 kids and a house to run, it has been tricky, at times overwhelming, a lot of hard work, but overall rewarding. I have maintained a 3.95 GPA since starting at GSU. This Semester I was feeling very overwhelmed. I was actually deciding to quit. I am tired. I felt stretched thin, doing a little bit of everything and doing nothing well. I was telling myself, "this isn't fun anymore, I am done".

But I continue to feel this is what the Lord wants me to do. I have had blessings that have said that the things I will do with what I am learning will influence thousands for good. I don't know everything, but I know that when I do the will of my Heavenly Father I am blessed and so are countless others.

Just as I was feeling like I was done with the whole school thing an opportunity arose. I was told that there was a study abroad in Turkey for the May semester that would give me 6 credits that would go toward my degree. The focus was media in a global economy. It would give 15 students the opportunity to study in Atlanta for ten days and then Istanbul for ten days, visit multiple companies in each and compare them to get a better understanding of global media.
I had already planned on taking 6 credit hours in the May semester.

IT WAS PERFECT!

I was excited about school again. I felt this push to check into it and before I knew it I was in an interview with the ladies in the business school who put the program together and would be leading it. I felt strongly that my Heavenly Father wanted me to do this, that I needed to learn the things that were offered on this trip. I knew it would be tricky to pull off the funds to make it happen but I felt compelled to continue. In the interview I was made aware that the cost was not 2500 like my professor had mentioned in class, but instead it was 4350.

WHAT?

I was concerned with how we would pay for it. They told me I needed to do a fundraiser. They made it sound so easy. Now that I am sitting alone in my bedroom, it is a little daunting. But I have spoken with a few people who encouraged me to use my blog as a fundraiser. I will take you on my adventure, but I need help getting there.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. I have added a PayPal donation button on my blog. I would be grateful for any amount you would be willing to give. As a thank you I will blog about the whole process, including preparation to leave my husband and kids for 12 days. I am sure it will prove amusing.

2. You can also add a link to my blog on your blog/facebook. Tell them how much you love me, what a great opportunity this is and how appreciative I will be for their assistance.

Your money will not be wasted, I will work super hard to get the most out of this experience and will share everything I learn.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I know this will be an amazing opportunity and I am so grateful even if you just took the time to read this.

Much Love,

Misty

No comments: