A little more about the trip
T H E P RO G R A M
Media, Journalism and Business in a Global World offers students a remarkable opportunity to learn about, explore and analyze an important topic – the role of media in society, particularly as it relates to business and globalization – in a comparative and cross-cultural context. Students will spend the first week in Atlanta, meeting with professors, local business leaders and media organizations to deepen their knowledge of the economics aspects of media and journalism industries. Students then spend the following two weeks in Istanbul, Turkey, meeting with local business leaders and media organizations, Turkish professors, and university students. Professional site visits typically include CNN International (Atlanta), Global Atlanta, CNN Turk, Bloomberg Turk, Al Jazeera, Coca-Cola Eurasia & Africa, UPS, Marmara University and others.Cultural activities tentatively include trips to the world’s oldest shopping mall (opened in 1461, Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar), the world famous Spice Market, the oldest church/mosque/museum in the world (Hagia Sophia), Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace, the Galata Tower, the world’s most recognized Mosque (Sultan Ahmed, or the Blue Mosque for short) and, of course, a soothing cruise down the Bosphorus Sea! Istanbul – the only city in the world to sit on two continents, Europe and Asia – is uniquely suited for the study of business and communication across cultures. As a hub for diverse religious and business practices, cultural norms and global commerce, Turkey provides students in this program with an opportunity to take their education outside of the classroom and understand globalization, media and business in a real-world setting unlike any other.
The cost is 4350.
I really need to raise the funds to make this happen.
Anything you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Just use the donate button on the right.
You could also add a link from my blog to your blog/facebook.
Thank you all,
Misty
2 comments:
Wow! What a great opportunity! I hope you are able to go, I made a small donation so I hope it helps. We miss you guys soooo much! I don't think we will ever find another family as great as you are!
Love you all!
Jaclyn
wow does this sound cool!! I'm sure you are going to do great and the experience will be amazing!!
Post a Comment