Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day



Okay, I don't think I have ever given shay full credit until now. He is awesome, and I do not use that term lightly. I am truly awed. I have been sooo sick, depressed, sick, constipated, useless during this pregnancy and shay has been pulling all the weight. I pretty much do as much as a 12 year old babysitter would do during the day. Keep the kids from dying or killing each other, which involves someone dying, so it counts as doing one thing. I feel so sick that they pretty much have the run of the mill. The house is a, well lets just say disaster is going easy on it. Shay works all day, comes home makes dinner (I know this is sick, I am just trying to stay alive), cleans up, plays with the kids, puts them to bed, makes sure I am still alive and then crashes. Most mornings he brings me breakfast before I get out of bed so I won't be as sick in the morning. So as bad as this makes me look, I know it is bad. Shay is absolutely amazing. Now you can see how awesome he is, thats what I am talking about. After 10 years of marriage, today I love him more than ever. We are really luckly to have this man in our family. We Love you Daddy!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Misty, I feel your pain! I'm so sorry you're miserable. I was morning sick from August to January, on bed rest in February, and had the baby on March 1st, and my house has still not recovered. I can't tell you how much TV my kids watched . . . Max thinks Scooby doo is like a third parent. And I just quit cooking altogether. We'd have cereal or leftovers from Jaren's mom cooking on Sundays. I didn't even bother to go to the store. Now that I'm trying to make dinners again my kids won't eat anything . . . they just get out the cereal.

Seriously, though, keeping these crazy kids alive is a huge accomplishment. And you won't be pregnant forever, and then you can be your own awesome mom self again. So just do whatever it takes to cut down on your stress.

I also learned to bring packs of those little individual alcohol swabs in the car. When I started to feel like throwing up I would open one and smell it and it would help the nausea go away. Way better than pulling over to vomit on some poor neighbor's treelawn.

Good job Shay for being such an awesome husband! Hang in there guys!

likeschocolate said...

I am so sorry you feel crummy. If I was there I would take your girl in a heart beat. I owe you one anyway, so count me in for a dinner when I get back. Plus I will watch the girls any time you need to go shopping.

Margie said...

Misty, I'm sorry you are so sick, I wish I could relate but I always felt fantastic during my pregencies. Your right Shay is a great guy, I knew that the first time I met him. But if anyone deserves a great guy, it's you!

adgasdg said...

You may not feel fabulous, but you still look great. It's wonderful that Shay is helping out so much; it really shows how much he cares about the pregnancy too!

Good luck and thanks for all the encouragement about my photography. It's nice to know we have similar philosophies about it.

--Marchet