I have tried to get my kids to understand the true meaning of Christmas. This year I decided to question them the see what they said and how I have done. "I asked what do you think about when you think Christmas?" This is what they said:
Skyler "To be honest I think 'cool I'm gonna get stuff '. Then like second or third I think about Jesus being born."
Kaely "Fun, like when we get the tree down and Jesus' birthday, presents and how happy we are."
Jane "Jesus' birthday." Kaely then asked "Do you think about presents?" Jane responded "Not much."
Elly "I never do..."
I guess I am left confused as to how well I have taught them. At least most of them mentioned the birth of our Savior.
I just want to testify that I know Jesus Christ was born to Mary. I know he lived and will live again. I know with everything I am that he loves me. I know because I have felt his redeeming love when I have repented. I am so blessed to know this and pray that you know it too. I hope that we don't lose the purpose of Christmas, but that we will be reminded to follow His example and love and serve our fellow man.
Merry Christmas All!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas to the Hope family! May you feel the Saviors love always. May 2010 bring you nothing but happines and joy! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years!
Christmas is all about Family and Midgets! When are you coming to visit? Merry Christmas Jeff
Post a Comment