Monday, December 19, 2016

Attempting To Make Dreams Come True

At our house we make goals.  Each person has a list of goals written on a canvas and hung on the living room wall. I encouraged our kids to not just make little goals but big ones too.  I believe big goals push us to better ourselves.  Kaely wrote in 2010 that she wanted to go to Italy.  She was 8 and loved Italian food.  She said she wanted to go to Italy and eat real Italian food.  I told her if she could save for the plane ticket, I could do the rest.  I told her to plan on around a thousand dollars.
Since leaving Georgia all Kaely has wanted was to go back. She started saving for a plane ticket.  I talked to her about how you can never really go back.  People and places change and you change, when you go back it isn't the same.  She has had a few experiences that have helped her to see that is true.  I talked her into changing her Georgia plane ticket fund into an Italy plane ticket fund.  I also started saving.
The week of Thanksgiving a friend texted me, she knew we were saving for Italy and said Delta was having a sale.  I spent 5 hours figuring out details and booked us tickets to Italy for $422 roundtrip.  Kaely had $488 saved.
I know that when we set goals and work hard, things fall into place.  I am so excited to help Kaely accomplish her goals. It is going to be a real adventure!

No comments: