Monday, December 5, 2016

Fireworks and Exhaustion

Shay and I have been trying to get out of the evil control of credit card debt, when our air conditioner went out on the hottest week of the year. We had highs of 105, at least that is what my car said. Shay really wanted to just put it on the card, 4K. No stinkin' way. I knew if we did it would take a long time to be motivated to put all we had towards them again. So I turned on the music and deamed our house Sweatin' to the Oldies.

In the meantime we had decided to try selling fireworks to speed our process up. We had been told it was hard, but I had no idea. I worked hard growing up and I have five kids and that keeps me busy, but this whole ordeal was Tough! I got tired of people more than anything asking me what the difference was between the five dollar fountain and the twelve dollar fountain. I understand why people in retail are so cranky.

Update: Since I started this post, forever ago, so much has happened.  We have sold fireworks 5 times.  The money we have made from it has paid off debt, paid for a trip to Costa Rica, and put money in mission funds.
I don't hate it as much as I used to.  I actually get a little excited because I love to work hard.

We have also paid off all our debt.  Not just credit cards but cars, and student loans.  It has forced us to rent and save up a down payment for a home, which I was upset about but have seen the blessings that have come and I am ok with now.

Patience my dear padawan. In time all makes sense.

No comments: