Friday, August 13, 2010

Camping and Murder

We went camping on Wednesday night so that we could get out of the city and watch the meteor shower. We got to the campground around 8pm and we were worried there wouldn't be a spot, but lucky for us none were taken. The campground was completely empty. In the middle of nowhere we were all alone. It didn't freak me out until we were all tucked in. Then I couldn't get a grip on my mind. Visions of crazy people slitting our throats were in my head. Waking up with a maniac standing above me, really made me feel safe. I couldn't shake it. Usually I pray, get peace, and fall asleep. But not this night. I tried and tried until I was too tired to fight anymore and soon I was waking up with a truck driving through the campground. I freaked out and was waking Shay before I even realized what I was doing. They stopped, opened the door, shut it and left. Now I was a serious wreck. Did they drop a crazy person off to do us in? What were they doing. I was sure this was the end. I started telling myself it wouldn't be terrible as long as it was quick. I tried to envision how quickly we would go if they slit our throats or how I would save the kids with stab wounds. Soon I was thinking that if we would make it, being super sleepy the next day was going to be welcomed to having to deal with our tragic ending. I kept telling myself that thinking these things would only bring them upon me but I just couldn't get rid of it. I couldn't believe how long one night could be. But of course we lived, for I am telling you the story. I have had feelings like this before and really bad things happened, so I know that the Lord protected us. I am sure of it. So maybe I will do something great one day, who knows. But I know one thing, I am defiantly inviting someone else to go next time we go camping. At least we'd stand a chance if we had some people on our team. Team-don't get murdered while camping.

p.s. Shay thought this was too dark, but you should know I warned you in the title.

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I feel this way too sometimes when I have gone camping. While most camping trips end with just dirt and tired bodies, it is the one story you hear on the news that seems to cause all the stress. You guys should have come with us and the Shanklins. We also went on Wensday night.

Melinda said...

I think about that stuff all the time too--but even if there are other people around :) I do like your team name--catchy!

Misty said...

Thanks guys, You are the best!

christina clark said...

You are Sick! There are medications for this...Love Jeff
besides this is why they invented guns.