Sunday, August 8, 2010

Uncle Wiggly always says...

Uncle Wiggly is a game I bought at the thrift store. It is a board game where you pick up a card and it tells you how many spaces to go. It also always has a saying on the card. They are very random, strange sayings that make us laugh our heads off. They are especially fun to read to Shay because he has little patience for these sayings. Skyler and I decided to make up some sayings that Uncle Wiggly would say. Like one of my favorites would be, Uncle Wiggly always says, If they ain't gonna be your friend in a baby t-shirt, then they ain't gonna be your friend in a regular t-shirt.
The saying sort of almost have something good in them, but are just a little off. They also have to be said in an old man southern accent. Makes it way funnier. We love Uncle Wiggly and his sayings.

As for me, I am feeling better about going back to school. It is tricky starting the same day as my kids. I have to get two new kindergarteners, a fourth grader and a new middle schooler and my baby off to school, get in the insane traffic of first day of school in Atlanta. Catch the train into downtown. Make it to my first class by nine oclock a.m.. I am not really confident about the whole process. I feel a little intimidated by it to be honest. I have decided to change my major after finding that only 19 of 81 credits transferred for a Marketing degree. I have switched to Journalism and minor in Photography, where 65 credits transferred. I feel pretty good about it. And have actually begun to get excited about writing. I have a lot to learn, but feel that if this is where I am being led, it will be the right thing for me. And Uncle Wiggly always says do it whether you like it or not, if it is the right thing to do.

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

You will do a fantastic job!

christy said...

I love uncle wiggly. He needs to visit Kansas. :)

Bonnie said...

we had a uncle wiggly game growing up, maybe a book?

Leah said...

You will do amazing!! I love to read your posts because of your ability to tell a story. Plus you can't tell you ever lived in the South, unlike me who writes like I talk and it makes no sense unless you are from the south!! Good luck. And I can't wait to see your photgraphy practice for your minor!