Friday, August 20, 2010

Potty training 101

POTTY TRAING IS A NIGHTMARE. I have potty trained 4, working on #5. I am sure it is the worst part of parenting so far. I haven't done teenagers yet, so I can't be sure it is the worst, but after potty training the twins for a full year, I know I do not like it at all.

Here are some tips for you first timers.

1 If you can pay someone to potty train your child, DO IT. Not joking it will be the best money you have ever spent. Promise.

2 If you find a Hazmat suit on sale at the thrift store buy it. It is not fun being covered with urine and feces.

3 Rent a house while you potty train, that way you can leave that house with stained carpets and smears on the walls. But don't even ask about that deposit, it is already gone.

4 Never let them see you cry. It gives them the feeling they are in charge they like that and it will seriously prolong the process.

5 Enjoy it, they aren't little forever. Remember that when you are at breaking point. I don't think it will help, but whatever.







OUR SWEET BABY has gone peep twice and pooped once in the potty. He is so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it. I got a new camera and wanted to try it out so I took some potty training pics. I think I will hang them in the hall. What do you think?

6 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography said...

definitely wall art! Just hang them in the bathroom and no one can say a thing. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww...too cute. I will have to remember your tips when it's our turn. I miss ya'll.

christy said...

Wow! He is soooooo cute! I love the pictures. And I am amazed you are ready to start potty training right now as everyone is starting school, including yourself and he is NOT EVEN TWO!! Your amazing...or crazy. Probably both.

Melinda said...

Wow--I'm impressed. I'm not even ready to think about that yet! I told myself we would do it earlier since he is my last, but I'm thinking next January!

adgasdg said...

Loved this post, the pictures, etc. Can't say I had a hard time potty-training, but we are working on dressing and pulling up pants which seems to be not on my little guy's important list.

Thought you might also like this blogger's potty training experiences: http://creativetypes.blogspot.com/2007/11/potty-training-idea-87-toilet-training.html#links

Leah said...

Great pictures...you are right he is just so beautiful. Wall art is needed of those pictures.