I often find myself comparing and I am never as good as everyone else seems to be. I will read others blogs, see others at church, see another mom in the grocery store with her children, smiling and laughing, while I am moments from a breakdown and I will think to myself "why can't I be her? She has it together. Her life is almost a fairy tale." And then I start to feel bad about who I am. That I am not good enough at anything. And all of a sudden I am nothing but sad and lonely and depressed. I hate that.
Today as I pondered this I had a breakthrough. Why when someone else is good at something do I have to be good at it too? Why when someone else has something good happen to them, I have to have the exact good thing happen to me or I get sad? Why can't I just be happy that someone else has succeeded? And let that make me want to succeed right along with them. I hope I can stop the cycle and try another cycle, a motivating one. One that helps me be better rather than destroys who I am. We all have something to offer. Lets get up and be better together.
9 comments:
great post Misty--I do have to say all the time I wish I were like you! You are fabulous!
Oh my gosh, it's like you read my mind! I have to take breaks from reading blogs and facebook sometimes, because of this exact reason. So sad really. And I would like to say, you are often on of those I wish I was more like. You really are more amazing then you know. Really! But I agree, we need to find a way to get rid of this. It's not healthy at all, and we all have our own amazing-ness.. we just need to trust in it. When you figure it out, please share how, because I'd love to jump on board!
I think most of us feel the same way. I know I do. I like the way you word things. You always say it just right, so that I can understand them. That is something that not many people can do for me. YOU are awesome at that & I for one appreciate you for it. Thanks for always helping me to be mindful of things & seeing them in a new perspective. I love you!! Don't ever doubt yourself. When I look at you, I see who I want to be someday. :0)
I try to put all the funny but lame things that happen since we all have those events! I'm the same way though. Somedays at church I look around and everyones kids are behaving but mine, but then mine have good days while others aren't so I think we all have to have patience with ourselves and others! and i think you're great!!
This could've been my post. I feel the exact same way a lot of the time. I've been trying to figure out how to be happy with who I am and know that I'm doing ok. I'm very guilty of comparing myself to others and wondering what's wrong with me. I know Heavenly Father doesn't want us to do that. We are all special. We all have different talents and strengths. Maybe you just happened to catch those moms one of their good days because I'm sure they have cruddy days too. ;o)
You are AMAZING!! You should never compare yourself to anyone else, because THEY would never measure up. You're amazing and you help me every day to be a better person!!
I have to say it makes me feel better to know that a person as wonderful and amazing as you feels inadequate. Makes me feel normal.
okay so where do I found this challenge you were talking about last night?
I am so glad to know you Misty. You have know idea how much I look up to you. Thanks for all you do.
Post a Comment