Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fly Lady Challenge and Valentines Day Sunday

I have been participating in a Fly Lady Challenge. It has been wonderful and hard. I have never been so grateful for a Sunday or appreciated the significance of a day of rest. And I even had to teach Relief Society. The lesson went well thanks to the Spirit. And we had a wonderful Valentines day party tonight with heart shaped bagel pizzas, strawberry smoothies, and chocolate pudding in edible chocolate bowls. My favorite parts were the conversation hearts that we actually used to stimulate a conversation. Jane saying "I hate these, they taste like shampoo." And the reenactment of Shay proposing to me over 11 1/2 years ago. (My conversation heart said Marry Me) The kids told me I was the best mom in the world and Adam devoured his pudding and bowl, smiling and laughing every few minutes. It really was a little magical. I hope we all continue to love and receive love. Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ok I am checking out the fly lady website now, this could be a lifesaver!! how long have you been a member? IS the challenge you are bloggin about something you got in a email? I'm very curious! My sink is shining tonight!

Miranda said...

I've been a flybaby for quite a few years, since my oldest was about 3 (he's almost 11 now). Sadly I've fallen off the wagon, but I love the system and I'm trying to get back on. I love your ideas for your Valentine party! A cousin gave me the idea to have a special Valentine breakfast for the kids(we did this last year and it was a hit), but since it was on a Sunday this year and my hubby had to work, AND it's his birthday too, we decided to have a special Valentine supper/birthday party. It turned out pretty good. I was happy I pulled it off. I love your conversation heart idea. I'll have to remember that for next year. :o)