Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Istanbul Day 2

It rained today.  My pants were disgusting on the hem from walking all over the city while it rained.  The umbrella Shay convinced me I needed and bought for me came in handy.  I was very grateful.  We have a great group of people and I have come to love everyone.  Our Turkish guides are very nervous that we will get lost or stolen and they keep a very close eye on us.
 The Evil Eye as seen on the bottom of this jewelry is thought to keep bad spirits away.  I think this is where the stink eye originated.
 The Grand Bazarre

Doner Kebap Shop
 Pigeons on a Mosque
The street we are staying on.
I have thought about all of those who donated for me to go on this trip and I am grateful. 

2 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

What a wonderful blessing to be on this trip. Enjoy!

likeschocolate said...

Enjoy every minute of your experience.